Software Archiving Resources for Data Managers and Information Professionals
This page contains resources for information professionals (e.g., data managers, library staff, research administrators) interested in cutting edge work regarding research software preservation.
JHUDMS Research on Software Archiving and Preservation
- Rios, F. A Research Software Management Toolbox for Data Management Specialists. IDCC 2017, February 20-23, Edinburgh, UK. [Coming Soon]
- Rios, F., Spies, J. R., Johnson, R. P., & Altman, M. Building Tools and Services to Support Research Software Preservation and Sharing. CNI Fall 2016 Meeting, December 12, 13, Washington, D.C.
- Rios, Fernando. 2016. The pathways of research software preservation: An educational and planning resource for service development. D-Lib Magazine 22, 5/6 (Jul/Aug). doi:10.1045/july2016-rios. [High resolution version of Fig. 1]
- Rios, Fernando. 2016. Preserving and Sharing Research Software: A Review.
- Beyond Data: Reproducibility in Scientific Software and the Role of Digital Preservation – Guest post by Fernando Rios on the CLIR re: Thinking blog.
Selected External Resources
- Minimal Information for Reusable Scientific Software
- The Codemeta project – a crosswalk between different software metadata schemas
- Software Preservation Benefits Framework
- Transparency and Openness Promotion (TOP) Guidelines – guidelines for publishers
- Emulation & Virtualization as Preservation Strategies – a state of the art review as it relates to digital preservation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.