Data Management and Sharing Online Training
How to Access Online Training?
JHU Data Management Services uses BlackBoard to manage our online training courses. You will need to log into BlackBoard system first in order to access course materials.
If you are affiliated with JHU and have a JHED login ID and password, please follow the instruction below to enroll and view these courses:
If you are an external user, please use the following steps to log in Blackboard as a guest:
Step1: Link to Blackboard log in page.
Step2: Click on the ‘Open Non JHED login’ link, and then enter these credentials in order to login:
Once you have logged in, select a training course that you want to take from the list below and you will be led to a Course Overview page.
Contact us if you have any trouble logging in/viewing our online courses.
Online Training Course
(We currently only have one course available, but plan to add more in the near future!)
- Introduction to Data Management Planning (11 mins)
- How to Use the DMP Questionnaire (8 mins)
- Data Products (3 mins)
- Documentation and Metadata (6 mins)
- Storage and Backup (7 mins)
- Security and Access Control (3 mins)
- Long-term Preservation (4 mins)
- Why (Not) Share Data? (6 mins)
- Elements for Sharing (7 mins)
- Resources for Writing a DMP (4 mins)